With today being the official last day of summer, and the first day of fall I thought I would list some of my favorite things about the season just passed, as well as some of the things I look forward to every fall. I hope you will add to my list with your own favorites in the comments section!
Some of the reasons I love Summer
- The long days when it feels like it stays light forever
- The ocean -- I never tire of listening to and watching the surf roll in and out
- Not having to wear socks, heck even being able to go barefoot
- The smell of a campfire, especially when roasting marshmellows for s'mores
- The sound of birds singing in the trees each morning
- The beautiful weather, which allows me to take long walks out in nature
Some of the things I look forward to in Fall
- The cool, crisp autumn air that never causes my hair to frizz
- The sight of children decked out in their Halloween costumes as they go trick or treating
- The taste of warm apple cider
- The gorgeous show the trees put on before they shed their leaves
- The feeling of a new beginning I get each Fall
I have many more favorite parts of each season, but I am interested in what you have to say. I feel blessed to live in a region where I experience all four seasons, I haven't always, but I know that no matter where you live, the change of season evokes some powerful feelings for us all. Share yours with me!