Sunday, September 14, 2008

This isn't as easy as it looks (or I feel like a dinosaur today)

Hey!

As I have stated and any readers can see, I am REALLY new to the world of blogging. This is my 4th day and I am feeling so frustrated and overwhelmed. I admit my age freely, heck I am proud to 41 years old. But lately I feel like a dinosaur when it comes to things technical. I have used a computer all of my adult life, so why do I find this blogging thing so intimidating? Each time I try to add new content or hyperlinks, or even to join communities, I come up against something new that I can't seem to grasp. Am I the ONLY one who felt this way in the beginning?

I have reached out to some other more experienced bloggers for help and two in particular have been more than helpful, most especially Connie from My Chronic Life and Jeanne from Jeanne's Endo Blog. I was able to make these two blog names hyperlinks by fiddling with instructions from Jeanne, and Connie is going to try to give me a hand with some other stuff tomorrow. I have to say, that despite the frustration and tears at not being able to figure some of this stuff out, I have been so uplifted by the help and support I have received from these two new friends. The blogging community, and the chronically ill community in general are so wonderful that it reaffirms my faith in humanity!

To Connie and Jeanne, thank you both for your help--with the blog, but also for all you are doing to help others with chronic illness to reach for their dreams and live their lives to the fullest!! You guys are my heros!

Be kind!

No comments: