Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Festivals

I love this time of year. I am lucky enough to live where I experience all four seasons, and Fall has always been a favorite--from the changing colors of the leaves on the trees to the crisp autumn days and nights, I really enjoy it. Another thing I enjoy is the Fall festivals that are held everywhere this time of year.

Today I am meeting up with friends to attend a festival held at the Waldorf School. This is my first time going to this particular one, but the friends I am meeting up with have been going for years, and have told me how much they enjoy it. What hooked me for sure is that they have an entire DESSERT room! I heard that and thought, "I'm in!". They have a white elephant sale, vendors, food and lots of other things for all ages. Churches, schools and many other organizations have these type of things and it is a fun way to spend a few hours. The weather here today is supposed to be lousy, so luckily this is all indoors.

Do you enjoy Fall festivals? What is your favorite part of one?

2 comments:

Renee said...

I, too, enjoy fall~ the colors, smells, sounds, and the animals "nesting"...to get ready for winter. It is really my favorite season of the year and could last a bit longer !!
I am unable to attend any festivals but up here in the midwest I am sure there are plenty. Usually they involve apple orchards or pumpkin patches~ or one that my husband goes to every year is
Rendevous Days.

Renee

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the crafts at these festivals. Amazing sometimes to see what people have come up with using a bit of yarn and/or fabric.

Home baked goods are also a special part of attending! Yummy!

Dottie