Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Have a Post Featured in the October Pain Blog Carnival

For many of us with chronic illness, chronic pain goes hand in hand. I, unfortunately, fall into this category myself. For many years I resisted the idea of pain medication and was able to function without needing it. During the last four years, as I became increasingly ill with more things, especially chronic pancreatitis, it became clear that I had to change my way of thinking on the matter of pain medication. I went through 2005. . . (please go to my full post to read the rest of this article)


It's that time of the month--the October Pain Blog Carnival from How To Cope With Pain is up. Please stop by to read my full post on dealing with the fear of dropping my pain medication dose as well as other terrific posts by other great bloggers.

3 comments:

rain gem said...

I know how you feel about the pain meds. For a couple of years now, I've been weening myself off from every single painkiller I've been taking. Starting with the really strong prescription ones and working back to the aspirin :P . Believe it or not, Tylenol was the hardest to give up.

Cheers,

Rain

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. Glad you like the picture of the "drunk" pumpkins.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the blogging award, Maureen, and for all of your helpful comments! I've added your blog to my list of chronic illness blogs!