A blog that I really enjoy is called Warning: Schematic Inaccurate. Today the post was on 15 things that you like about yourself (see her original post). I thought the idea was terrific. We all spend so much time focusing on the negatives, what a treat to celebrate the positives. So I am going to list my 15 favorite things about myself and I hope you will comment and add your favorite things about you. Let's all take a moment to honor who we are and revel in something nice about ourselves for a change.
My favorite things about me:
1. I a very kind and compassionate person.
2. I have a good sense of humor, especially about myself.
3. I am a survivor, I may get knocked down, but I don't stay there!
4. I find people interesting and enjoy talking to almost anyone.
5. I have terrific nails.
6. I am intelligent and thoughtful.
7. I can eat almost anything I want and not really gain weight.
8. I have striking red hair, not my own anymore but thanks to my wonderful colorist you would never know the difference!
9. I am a good friend and good listener.
10. I am a good daughter and care-giver to my mother.
11. I can see the beauty in others (inside and out) and give compliments freely.
12. I am not fake and I try not to lie.
13. I am encouraging and supportive to others, as they have been to me.
14. I enjoy getting up in front of people and have enjoyed both acting and public speaking in life.
15. I am always willing to learn something new.
What do you like about YOU? I really want to know. . .