Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Lighter Side

I have previously confessed my enjoyment with 'Dancing With The Stars'. I have to admit I was looking forward to it last night more than usual. With dropping on my medication on my mind, I wanted something fun and easy to watch. I find that when I get out of my own head for a little while, whether I use relaxation methods, hobbies or even just taking time to enjoy a TV show I like, it helps me to focus on things outside of the pain or fatigue of my illness. It gives me a 'vacation from myself' for a few moments and reminds me there is more to life than chronic illness.

Last night however, I did get annoyed that Cloris is STILL on the show while people who are actually dancing are being sent home. I admire Cloris Leachman, the woman is 82 years old and is trying to dance for goodness sake--that's admirable. But, I think it is unfair to keep someone on the show just for that reason. Week after week other couples have been sent packing, couples who may not be the best dancers, but who were at least DANCING! I hope the producers and the audience will wake up soon, we are half way through this season and it is time for people who have talent to step up and for those who don't to go home.

No comments: